The UW Center for Cooperatives remains committed to moving forward responsibly with CCMA 2020 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, June 4-6, 2020. Based on the information available now, the conference will take place as scheduled.
Cooperators that attend CCMA are located all over the United States and Canada. Food connects us all, literally and figuratively, and we care deeply about our cooperatives and their communities. We’re working hard to support our community by learning about and preparing for COVID-19.
Based on guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our focus will be to provide resources that help you adapt to this fast-moving situation. Below is a current list of resources available for you. Check back often for updates:
- COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets like the flu. You can do the following to help stop its spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and do so into your elbow.
- The CDC has an extensive resource page on COVID 19.
- The CDC also has printable handouts/posters on COVID-19 in several languages.
- WHO also has an extensive resource page on COVID-19, including travel guidance.
The UW Center for Cooperatives is actively monitoring guidance from the CDC and WHO. If any developments impact CCMA 2020 in Sioux Falls, we will share updates promptly. If you have any questions, please contact Megan Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-1048.